Book Title: Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World
Publisher: Ave Maria Press
Author: Michael Pennock
Related Books(© 2010) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course I of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World
provides a map for high school students to navigate the salvific work of God--Father, Son, and Spirit--in forming a People, giving a Law, and preparing for the Messiah. The one-semester course gives students a general knowledge and appreciation of Sacred Scripture through which they encounter Jesus Christ.
Tracing the stages of Salvation History, this text introduces key figures, events, vocabulary, and doctrine that will appear continuously throughout a four-year curriculum. While this text is a study of both the Old and New Testaments, it begins by centering on the nature of God and a person's natural instinct to search for God.Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World
is a versatile text that follows the first course of the new curriculum framework but is also suitable for schools teaching a one-semester scripture course or an Introduction to the Catholic faith course in both high schools and parish religious education programs.
Each chapter of Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World
includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
NEW features that enhance Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World
- A "Chapter Quick View" feature with page references that allow students to scan the chapter for main points.
- In-text glossary definitions with a variety of activities to help students learn key terms.
- Several "Primary Source Quotations" from the words of saints, Church Fathers, and the Church documents.
- Many "Ongoing Assignments" for each chapter that can be assigned as long-term projects, extra credit, and follow-up to the lessons learned.
- A prayer experience and reflection for each chapter.